|Me in the grand staircase of the Opera Garnier, in Paris.|
1. I am 22, almost 23.
2. I graduated from University of Wisconsin - Madison with a bachelor's degree in art history and Italian studies While my diploma is from Madison, I spent my freshman year at Boston University and my senior year at the Universita di Bologna in Italy. So, really, I only spent 2 years at Madison.
3. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was a sophomore/junior in college.
4. While I don't have tons of friends, the ones I do have are simply amazing. I'd rather have five or six best friends than 100 okay friends. Here are some of my best friends in the whole world:
|My best friend, Sarah, and I enjoying adult beverages in Barcelona.|
|Best friends! Kyle, Sarah, Me|
|Madison shenanigans with some of the dorkiest, most awesome people I know, including my best friend Dru, the one with the glasses.|
5. Often times, I feel like I am wasting my youth.
6. My pet peeves including people chewing loudly or with their mouth open, people who aren't nice to waitstaff, and people who don't say thank you.
7. If I don't get enough alone time, I can get quite grumpy.
8. My favorite color is mint green.
9. I am a reflections-based personality who phases into an opinion-based personality. This essentially means I like to think and reflect on things, but when push comes to shove, I stick to my guns.
10. I have traveled to 10 countries: Costa Rica, Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Hungary, Scotland, England, Ireland, and Mexico.
11. Many people are shocked to know that I, the epitome of the girl next door, have a tattoo. It's located on the upper left-hand side of my rib cage.
12. I have two older brothers. Here we are at the Roman Forum in Rome:
|When this picture was taken, I hadn't seen my brothers in over 7 months. You can tell I'm really happy. They, on the other hand, are exhausted from their 10-hour plan ride.|
13. In my free time, you can find me reading, writing, or watching a movie.
14. Someday I hope more than anything to be a published author.
15. My favorite singers are Adele, Sara Bareilles, Ed Sheeran, and Lauren Aquilina (who has an aboslutely amazing EP out on Itunes!). I also have a soft spot for Taylor Swift and classic Beyonce.
16. My favorite movie is Stardust, based on a Neil Gaiman novel that I am currently reading. I could watch it on re-run and never get bored.
17. I am fascinated by anything Egyptian, and from the ages 10-13, I professed to anyone who would listen that someday I would be a famous Egyptologist. This had nothing at all to do with the fact that I watched The Mummy every single day for five months the summer before 8th grade. (I actually took an Egyptology course in college, and it was amazing!)
18. Paris, London, and Rome are my three favorite cities.
19. I spent New Year's Eve 2012 (so December 31st, 2011) in Edinburgh Scotland, with my good friend Jess. It was epic.
20. One of the best days of my life was spent in paradise with good friends.
|L-R: Dru, Mary, Erin, Eve, Emma, me // in the hills of Bologna, with San Luca church in the background.|
21. One of the people I admire most in this world (other than close family and friends) is JK Rowling.
22. Harry Potter was a staple in my childhood years. It got me through some really rough times. I still maintain that Harry, Ron, and Hermione are some of my oldest friends.
23. I could eat my weight in movie popcorn.
24. Fizzy water is a staple in my everyday life.
25. I really, really love the fact that you made it all the way to the end of this post. It means a lot. If you did, post a link to your blog below so I can be sure to check it out.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Now that you know me a little better, tell me something about yourself: your favorite color, movie, book... anything!